Student Services

There is a Student Services Team based at Arbroath, Gardyne and Kingsway Campuses; just ask at reception or any member of staff for directions to the Advice Centres.  If you are at the outreach centres please contact the Arbroath Advice centre and we will assist you.

We provide a range of advice, guidance, information and support services for you while you are at college.  We hope that this makes life easier for you by being able to get most of the information you require for College in one place.

Advice, Guidance and Information

We can help you with all aspects of guidance for courses, seeking work, progressing on to university.  We can assist you in applying for bursary/EMA, SAAS and childcare and housing applications.

The Gardyne and Kingsway Campuses run a guidance drop in between 11-1 every day during term time and the summer holidays; so please pop in and see us with any questions you have.  Arbroath Campus does not run a designated drop in time but you are welcome to pop in between 8.30-4.30 Monday-Friday throughout the term and in the summer holiday times.

Once you have started your course if you are then considering going to university next year we can help you with your UCAS application and personal statement.  We will be providing practical information sessions on UCAS and workshops on how to complete your online application and personal statement from the end of September until November.  We will advertise the dates for these workshops on MyD&A at the beginning of term; you will not need to book just come along.  Gardyne Campus is also the venue for the SDS UCAS event on Thursday 22 September 9.30-4.30.  So if you want to meet staff from several universities or speak to the UCAS team please speak to your group tutor and come along.

The main email contact for guidance services is:

Support available at college

There is a wide variety of support available at college to assist you to enjoy your time at college and achieve your qualifications.  If you are a looked after young person/care experienced or have caring responsibilities please let us know if there is anything we can do to assist you at college.  Some students like weekly support which we can arrange for you and other students just want to know who to speak to, as and when, they feel they need it.  If you would like to discuss any support you would like at college please contact any of the staff below who will be happy to help.

 We can help you if you feel that you may need support at college relating to:

  • Specific Learning Difficulties (SPL) such as Dyslexia, Dysgraphia; Dyscalculia, Dyspraxia, ADD
  • Mental Health and Wellbeing
  • Sensory Difficulties
  • Social and Emotional Needs
  • Physical and mobility difficulties
  • Health conditions
  • Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)

If you have a disability, health condition or need some extra help please let us know.  We may be able to provide specialist equipment, make alternative assessment arrangements, or help with access to financial support.

The type of support we provide will vary according to your individual requirements and we would very much like to speak to you before you start college to make sure your support is in place.

If you have ticked the boxes in the student services section of your course application telling us that you have a support need, we will be in touch with you to make an appointment to discuss how you would like to be supported at college.  If you ticked the box on your course application to say you are care experienced or have caring responsibilities we will email you to see if you would like to discuss any support you may want at college.  If you have not heard from us yet and are keen to set up your support or have a discussion then please contact us.  If you did not tick any of the boxes please do not worry just contact Jill, Melanie, Liz or Alison and they will assist you to make an appointment with one of our Student Services Officers.

Please contact:

Jill Donaldson on 01241 432604 or email if your course will be at Arbroath Campus, Forfar or Montrose Outreach Centres

Melanie McIntosh on 0300 123 1010 Ext 7423 or email if your course is at the Gardyne Campus.

Liz McNaughton/Alison Jarrett on 01382 834883 or email or if your course is at the Kingsway Campus.

If you are not sure what campus you are attending then please contact us on the main support email: 

Disabled Students Allowance

If you are studying a HNC/D, Degree or Post Graduate level course at college or University and have a support need, you may be entitled to Disabled Students Allowance (DSA) to help with your studies.  This is additional financial support through SAAS which, where appropriate, can be used to buy equipment or pay for personal support to help you at college.  One of the DSA assessors in the Student Services team will be able to offer you advice and assistance in applying for this funding.  There are a number of DSA assessors on all our campuses who will work with you to complete a DSA assessment that will detail your need for additional support. If you would like to find out more about this please contact Jill, Melanie, Liz or Alison on the contact details above.