As a Dundee & Angus College student, you will have the opportunity to access a wide range of opportunities via the Sports Union.
Found below is a brief summary to some of the activities on offer to you.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of our recreational sports offers we have across the year
- You will also have the opportunity to represent the college (selected sports) throughout the year, in competitions and fixtures against other institutions.
- We will also be working closely with departments to offer a range of in-house sport/activity programmes and competitions.
Volunteering and Projects
Throughout the year we work closely with multiple teams in the college and support your wider achievement. In line with the D&A Attributes programme, we as a Sports Union offer out supported volunteering projects and opportunities.
Projects and opportunities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting our Urban Gym (outdoor gym) & Daily Mile initiatives
- Supporting the delivery of our monthly promoting programme
- Opportunity to support with our wider communications and media (photography/PR/recruitment) Supporting our annual award efforts including key projects such as the Health Body Healthy Mind award.
Health & Wellbeing
In addition to our sports and volunteer programmes, a significant proportion of our time is commitment staff & student wellbeing.
Our wellbeing programme is delivered across the full academic year and includes: fayres and events, in-class sessions, free sports and physical activity classes, as well as FREE health screening and more.
In line with our annual awards submissions our wellbeing work focuses around the following key areas: physical activity, mental health and smoking cessation.
If you are interested in participating/supporting any of our work please get in touch. Feel free to contact us via our social media streams, email or by popping into an office on campus. Contact details provided below