For further details on all our funding options visit our main website.

For further information on student funding, visit the Scottish Government’s website.

Council Tax

I’m a student, so I don’t have to pay Council tax, right?

Well, maybe.   Most students don’t have to pay Council Tax, but there are situations where a student will be liable to pay. If you own or rent the property (not including Halls of Residence)  that you live in then it is likely that you will be liable for Council Tax – whether or not you have to pay anything depends on whether or not you qualify for a discount or an exemption.  However, this does not happen automatically – you need still to apply for your discount or exemption.  If you don’t apply for this you will be billed for the full amount.

If you think that you don’t have to pay Council Tax, you can apply for a discount/exemption by completing the appropriate form available from the Council: 

Dundee City Council – click to complete the online Student Discount/Exemption Form

Perth & Kinross Council – click to download the Student Certificate (Application for Council tax discount) Form

Angus Council – click to download the Student Supplementary Form

Some local authorities require confirmation that you are a student. This is available through your MyD&A after your start date. You may need to print this off and send it to your local authority. 

How can I pay my fees?

We offer a direct debit facility for some of our courses that are over £200 and more than 6 months in duration.  If you would like to pay by direct debit, please email our finance team:

We can also take payments over the phone by calling us on 0300 123 1037